One look at the KÜHL W’s SPYFIRE™ ULTRALIGHT DOWN VEST and you realize it's different by design, construction and features than any other down sweater that has come before it. The SPYFIRE SERIES combines unique fabrics, precision design, and thermal body mapping to deliver technical performance and unparalleled style.
Four unique fabrics differentiate the SPYFIRE SERIES, and each fabric is engineered for a specific purpose. The water resistant and windproof shell is sourced from a superior Japanese mill that uses a 20 denier, 24 high filament nylon fabric for a softer feel and higher tear strength. The yarn is woven into an extremely tight weave that’s dense enough to increase the down proof-ness and tear strength. The front panel features two layers for added durability.
The soft shell reinforced fabric on the shoulders allows you to carry skis or equipment with sharp edges that would shred any ordinary down sweater. Lightweight underarm knit panels allow heat to escape for better climate control and comfort in a wide range of temperatures. The ethically sourced (non-force-fed/not ‘live-plucked’) 800-fill goose down provides a superior warmth-to-weight ratio.
The precision 3D fit naturally follows your body’s shape, and the intricate construction eliminates binding typically found on the inside seams of jackets. Built with different sized baffles, the W’s SPYFIRE VEST boasts superior warmth where you need it. The thinner, sized-down baffles on the inside underarm panels provide a contoured fit and reduce bulk for better layering under a heavier shell.
The W’s SPYFIRE VEST features 2 zippered chest pockets, 2 zippered hand pockets, and an inside mesh pocket. Custom reflective ribbon below the zippers prevents snags and increases visibility in the dark.
- Fabric 1: 100% Nylon DWR | 1.9 oz/sq. yd; 38 GSM
- Fabric 2: 88% Nylon, 12% Spandex | 5.3 oz/sq. yd; 180 GSM
- Fabric 3: 100% Nylon ripstop | 1.03 oz/sq. yd; 35 GSM
- Fabric Insulation: 100% 800 fill goose down
- Packs down small and weighs 14.8 ounces (average)
- Water resistant and windproof 20D, 24 high filament nylon shell for soft hand and high tear strength
- Ethically sourced (non-force-fed/not ‘live-plucked’) 800-fill goose down provides superior warmth-to-weight ratio
- Precision 3D design naturally follows your body’s shape for a more comfortable fit
- Thermal body mapping uses different size baffles for super warmth and reduced bulk for layering
- Softshell reinforced shoulders
- Lightweight underarm knit panels allow heat to escape for better climate control and comfort in a wide range of temperatures
- Strategically placed double layer shell adds durability and prevents unnecessary wear and tear
- Custom reflective ribbon adds visibility and prevents the zipper from catching on the ultrafine fabric
- 2 zippered chest pockets allow access while wearing a pack
- 2 zippered hand pockets secure gear
- 1 inside mesh pocket
- Be the first to review this product